Sunday, April 28, 2013

Relax, We're Okay!

EEEEK! Sorry it's been so long since my last update. I have no excuses other than we haven't been up to anything exciting or blog worthy. So I decided to make this an informative post and hopefully it will put some of my family and friends at ease with the current situation on the the Korean peninsula.

I have to start out by saying that life over here is virtually un-phased by the craziness that is coming from our 'totally sane' neighbor to the north. I get more stressed out from family and friends sending my panicked messages than I do from anything going on here.

I have noticed that CNN and Yahoo! and basically all major American media outlets are covering their homepages with North Korea's latest threats. The thing is, these threats have been going on for years. They even went on when we were here back in 2009-2010. It seems like for whatever reason, the US is suddenly taking an interest in the animosity between this divided nation. I don't want to be naive in thinking that NOTHING will happen, because it very much can. Kim Jong Un is unpredictable, young, and demands attention. But life here is going on without worry. I feel that although it's important to have an exit strategy  I am trying not to get too worked up about anything until I get word from the US Embassy or my co-teachers to do so.

The semester is still off and running and the spring weather here has been unpredictable. It's warm and sunny in the morning, then we get an unexpected downpour, then it clears up again, then it's back to coats and scarves the next day. Sheesh...

We have a three day weekend coming up, May 17th-19th and have booked a trip to Seoul that we are pretty pumped about. It's been a long time since we just walked around the big city. So be on the lookout for a post about that soon!

Sorry I has been so long and this post is less than exciting. But we have some fun things on the horizon that will be blog worthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment